Summer is coming and it's time to put the oven aside to prepare your summer recipes such as fresh salads, creams or delicious dishes made with Mellerware products. In today's blog we are going to raise the menu this summer with gourmet recipes so you can enjoy your meals like never before.
summer recipes gourmet that are easier with Mellerware products
Let yourself be seduced by recipes worthy of a luxury restaurant, with ingredients within reach of your pocket.
Tomato and basil mousse
Do you like this classic combination of Italian cuisine? So you have to test it in the form of mousse, It's an irresistible texture. You will achieve it with any of our glass blenders , perfect for making mousses.
- 6 tomatoes.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 200 ml of liquid cream
- 100 ml of mayonnaise.
- fresh basil.
- Ground black pepper.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Put salt on them and place them upside down on absorbent paper, for about half an hour.
- Crush the tomatoes in the blender together with the basil and the minced garlic clove. Add the cream and mayonnaise, mix gently with a spoon, add salt and pepper and keep in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
Cantaloupe melon gazpacho
When you try it, you won't want another!
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 1 clove garlic.
- 100 grams of bread crumb.
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons of EVOO.
- Crush the chopped melon with your mellerware blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Let it cool well in the fridge.
- Serve with croutons and/or crispy ham shavings. Delicious!
Vichissoise with goat cheese chocolates, wild asparagus and strawberries
Not all cold soups have to be gazpacho and salmorejo! Take advantage of the second asparagus season to prepare this rich cold cream.
- 3 large leeks.
- 4 wild asparagus.
- 1 or 2 new potatoes.
- A couple of strawberries.
- 50 grams of margarine.
- 150 ml. of liquid cream.
- 1 goat cheese roll.
- Cheese spread
- Juice of a lemon.
- Mild chicken or vegetable broth.
- A teaspoon of EVOO.
- black sesame.
- Parsley or fresh chives (optional).
- Melt the margarine in the casserole , but without burning.
- Wash the leeks well, cut them into slices and put them in the pot.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and add them when the leeks are tender.
- Add the broth and cover well. If you want, reserve some broth in case it becomes thick.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. So beat with the mixer and let cool.
- Mix the two cheeses (goat cheese and spread). Put oil on your hands to form the goat cheese chocolates. Put a little oil in your hands and go making little balls. Then, coat them in the sesame and store them in the fridge.
- When the vichissoise has cooled well, add the liquid cream and lemon juice.
- Cut the asparagus into small pieces and sauté them in a pan with a little olive oil.
- Add the asparagus to the vichissoise, along with strawberries and cheese "bonbons."
- Optionally, sprinkle with fresh parsley or chives.
Spinach and blue cheese croquettes
- 2 glasses of whole milk.
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- 75 g of margarine.
- 200 g of fresh or frozen spinach.
- 50 g of blue cheese.
Ingredients for the batter:
- 2 eggs.
- Bread crumbs.
- Cook the spinach for 5 minutes in salted water. Drain them well.
- Melt the margarine in a pan and sauté the spinach in it. Add flour, stirring until the dough is well mixed with the spinach.
- Add the milk little by little, waiting for the spinach to absorb it before adding more. Add milk, stirring constantly, until you get a fairly thick green mass.
- Add the blue cheese and mix well into the batter until well melted and evenly spread throughout the batter. When it dissolves, let the dough rest until it cools. Ideally, leave it for 24 hours.
- Form balls for the croquettes and pass them through the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Put them in the oil free fryer at 170 ºC for about 12 minutes.
Fried Summer Buns
And, to finish, a sweet that you can make with the fryer, without any oil ! In fact, there are many sweets that you can make with this appliance, including the famous French toast, biscuits, waffles... but we want you to try something new, since this recipe is typical for summer.
- 3 cups of flour.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 and a half cups of warm milk.
- 6 and a half tablespoons of sugar.
- 6 tablespoons softened butter.
- 2 and a half teaspoons of baking powder.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- Mix 3 cups of flour, yeast, sugar in a bowl. Booking.
- Form a "volcano" in the bowl. In another bowl mix the eggs, milk, butter and add it in the center of the bowl.
- Work the dough from the outside in until it begins to integrate. you can use one mixer or the kneading rods of a mixer.
- Then work your hands into a large, smooth bun. Let it rest in a bowl covered with plastic wrap for a couple of hours so that the dough rises.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, work gently with your hands for a few minutes until it forms a uniform ball again.
- Cut small portions (you can help yourself with an ice cream scoop or a soup spoon) and form balls about 2 centimeters in diameter.
- Put in the fryer at 150 ºC, for about 15 minutes to brown them. Open from time to time to check if they are done.
- Pass them through sugar with ground cinnamon.
Now that you have all the recipes, all you have to do is put them into practice! At Mellerware we encourage you to give your summer recipes a gourmet touch with our products so that you can enjoy them to the fullest.