What features does an espresso maker have?
The espresso machines are a scale reproduction of the ones you see in any bar. They can be automatic (they include a tank in which the coffee is ground) or manual (you place the coffee in the indicated place). To buy one, look at the following features:
- capacity . The size of the product will depend on it. Not by having a tank that admits more water you will get a tastier coffee. Keep this in mind and buy the model that best suits the use you are going to give it.
- pressure . Experts confirm that an espresso machine for home use should have 9 bars of pressure. They are more than enough to provide pressure to a standard 500 ml tank. When one with 15 or 20 bars is announced, it is still a commercial tactic.
- vaporizer . It can be considered a plugin, but it is not. Its correct operation will allow you to heat milk or water in seconds.
- drip tray . You must include it to collect the water that falls during the preparation of the coffee. It will make it easier for you to clean.
- Safety valve . It is essential since it is in charge of releasing the steam that is generated in the tank to prevent its explosion.
- materials . The more resistant they are the better. The plastic casing is decorative. Pay attention to the material of the tank and the structure, which must be made of stainless steel.
- Maintenance . Find out what the manufacturer requires and, especially, if the coffee maker you are going to buy can be disassembled to clean it properly. It is also common to recommend the use of anti-limescale products that prevent the obstruction of the ducts.
How to choose an espresso machine?
We must start by assessing the available space you have in your kitchen. Remember that the size is usually linked to the number of coffees that can be prepared, but not to the quality. Depending on the type of coffee you prefer to drink, decide if you need the steamer or not. If you want a perfect coffee with more flavor, bet on the coffee makers with a built-in grinder that allow you to grind the coffee and prepare it immediately.
Your budget will mark the type of purchase you make. We recommend that you choose an intermediate item, but that has the specifications that you consider essential.
What types of coffee can be made in an espresso machine?
It will depend on whether it includes a vaporizer or not . In the latter case, you can prepare a coffee with milk, a cappuccino, the classic black coffee or a Viennese; to cite a few examples. The important thing is that you check the quality of the raw material and its power to obtain the coffee that best suits your tastes.
How does an espresso machine work?
When preparing a coffee, you must place it in the circular part of the arm and adjust it to the part where the water comes out. Subsequently, you have to fill the liquid tank and put the coffee maker into operation. Upon reaching the boiling point, the pressure will cause it to pass through the coffee to fall into the corresponding glass or cup. The more pressure, the more body and better flavor.
The vaporizer can be applied directly on the milk to heat it. Then serve it over the coffee or leave it on the bottom and pour the coffee over it. All models work like this, but each brand is committed to quality requirements that end up affecting the durability of the product.
Thus, espresso machines are one of the best-selling products. We have given you all the keys you need to buy a perfect one. Follow our advice and you will surely be able to taste the best coffee at any time of the day.