A fridge outside the kitchen.
When we were little we all dreamed of having a fridge and filling it with soft drinks and chocolates, like when we went to hotels. Thank goodness we've grown up and become a little more sanxs and now we want it to keep the midday crudité tupper or the smoothies for the snack. Or not. Maybe it's to have it on the terrace and have the beers always on hand.
Whatever the reason, you can now cool in any corner of your home or office.
Mini fridges, uses to make the most of space.
Buying a mini fridge allows you to have enough space in your home to install one. And it is that, they no longer only have their place in the kitchen ! Of course, we recommend that you measure well before purchasing the product and that you leave a margin of between five and 10 centimeters on each side.
You can use the small fridge to cool drinks, but also to store food if you go camping (there are models that plug into the car cigarette lighter socket). The models with a freezer will help you have ice cream and ice cream at any time. As you can see, the advantages of its use are multiple, but how can you choose the model that best suits your needs?
Characteristics of a mini fridge
In the market you will find a huge range of options. This means that you do not know which one to choose. Do not worry, we will tell you the most essential characteristics that you should review in the corresponding technical sheet.
- Dimensions . It will depend on the capacity of the article. The range of measurements ranges from 28 x 22 x 31 centimeters for the 4-liter capacity models to 85 x 55 x 58 centimeters for the 125-liter models. As already said, measure the space well and take into account the location. It must be at the correct height to avoid forcing the posture when taking what you need from inside.
- temperature . Each model has different technical specifications. Those that do not include a freezer usually cool to at least five degrees. Once again, your needs will be the ones that will guide you to choose the most appropriate reference.
- silent . Mini fridges are normally very quiet. Its small motor and a smaller surface to be cooled means that they do not generate as much noise when operating. Check that the noise level is 40 decibels or less (a standard fridge is over 50 decibels).
- isolation . It is the part that covers the interior of the mini fridge and the one that affects its proper functioning. Check carefully the manufacturing material and its characteristics because it is one of the most important aspects so that your purchase is the most successful.
- Shelves/Compartments . Each manufacturer designs their appliances differently. To give you an approximate idea of what you can demand, a tray in the central part and two compartments in the door could be enough.
- Consumption . It is often thought that being small or working plugged into your car they barely consume, but this is not the case. In fact, its structure is a scale reproduction of a larger one. Therefore, we recommend that you buy a model with energy class A or higher. You will notice it on your bill and you will be buying a more environmentally friendly product.
How cold does a mini fridge ?
Between five and 18 degrees . If you had a freezer, the minimum temperature would be about five degrees below zero. To regulate it correctly, choose a model that includes a digital control panel. In this way, you will achieve a splendid result. In half an hour you can have the freezer at zero degrees. Do not forget to check the power in watts of the refrigerator as it is the ideal indicator that will allow you to save time when cooling or freezing.
It is in your hands to choose the mini fridge that you like the most. We have not talked about the exterior design because it does not influence the operation. Surely, it will not take you long to find a perfect product for any room in the house where you want to place it. Now you have all the keys you need to buy a mini fridge. Review the available offer well, read the technical data sheet of each model in detail and you will surely succeed.